Friday, January 14, 2011

Are you buying into the new age of Aquarius?


News that the Zodiac as we know is has been killed, replaced by a new chart that includes a 13th sign, has created a rift in the time-spaced-out continuum.

Some folks are all a twitter (can we say this anymore?) over the news, whilst others could give an Aries' patoot.

Check out the pros and cons and please, feel free to post your thoughts below.

PRO: A Pisces through and through

I am not sure who it is that is telling me I am no longer a Pisces, but I've been one for 50 years now and you're gonna have to pry the fish out of my cold, dead hands.

I am by no means the sort who makes any life decisions based on some crazy chart designed by someone who probably smoked too much back in the day. The typical horoscope you see usually falls along the lines of "something will happen to you today. You may be happy. Or you may cry."

But after five decades above ground, I have found there is something to this Pisces stuff.

I passed up a job in Birmingham once because there was no river.

I love to fish and am at my most relaxed on, in or under the water (including a great trip 650 feet down in a nuclear sub).

But now I find out that there is a new dawning of the Age of Aquarius and I am that sign?

Get outta Hair.

And don't get me started on Ophiuchus.

It sounds like something I would need penicillin to get rid of.

- Howard Altman

CON: What does it mean? Nothing

I guess Copernicus was wrong. So was my horoscope yesterday – as usual.

The famed astronomer told us five centuries ago that planets did not revolve around Earth, yet we're to put stock in some mystical alignment of stars that are light-years apart and planets that were undiscovered when this practice started (and shouldn't Pluto's demotion make a difference?).

I'm under Aquarius – at least I think I still am – but if not I'm not going to sweat. It's not like being a water bearer has made a difference.

As a child, I'd check the daily horoscope at the end of the day, just to see if it was right. Maybe that's cheating, who knows. But those matters of the heart never came about, despite my supposed natural charm. That forecast of a financial reward was a mistake of astronomical proportions.

After that, I realized it was so much hooey.

So ask me my sign, and I'll tell you. I'll be amused. I may even hum from "Hair."

But let's move on to more practical predictions. Like this weekend. I like the Packers and 2½ at Atlanta.

- Rick Mayer

Characteristics

AQUARIUS: Jan. 21-Feb. 19

Strengths: Witty, Clever, Humanitarian, Inventive, Original

Weaknesses: Stubborn, Unemotional, Sarcastic, Rebellious, Aloof

PISCES: Feb. 20-March 20

Strengths: Compassionate, Adaptable, Accepting, Devoted, Imaginative

Weaknesses: Oversensitive, Indecisive, Self-pitying, Lazy, Escapist

ARIES: March 21-April 20

Strengths: Independent, Generous, Optimistic, Enthusiastic, Courageous

Weaknesses: Moody, Short tempered, Self-involved, Impulsive, Impatient

TAURUS: April 21-May 21

Strengths: Dependable, Persistent, Loyal, Patient, Generous

Weaknesses: Stubborn, Laziness, Possessive, Materialistic, Self-indulging

GEMINI: May 22-June 21

Strengths: Energetic, Clever, Imaginative, Witty, Adaptable

Weaknesses: Superficial, Impulsive, Restless, Devious, Indecisive

CANCER: June 22-July 22

Strengths: Loyalty, Dependable, Caring, Adaptable, Responsive

Weaknesses: Moody, Clingy, Self-pitying, Oversensitive, Self-absorbed

LEO: July 23-Aug. 21

Strengths: Confident, Ambitious, Generous, Loyal, Encouraging

Weaknesses: Pretentious, Domineering, Melodramatic, Stubborn, Vain

VIRGO: Aug. 22-Sept. 23

Strengths: Analytical, Observant, Helpful, Reliable, Precise

Weaknesses: Skeptical, Fussy, Inflexible, Cold, Interfering

LIBRA: Sept. 24-Oct. 23

Strengths: Diplomatic, Graceful, Peaceful, Idealistic, Hospitable

Weaknesses: Superficial, Vain, Indecisive, Unreliable

SCORPIO: Oct. 24-Nov. 22

Strengths: Loyal, Passionate, Resourceful, Observant, Dynamic

Weaknesses: Jealous, Obsessive, Suspicious, Manipulative, Unyielding

SAGITTARIUS: Nov. 23-Dec. 22

Strengths: Independence

Weaknesses: Unemotional

CAPRICORN: Dec. 23-Jan. 20

Strengths: Responsible, Patient, Ambitious, Resourceful, Loyal

Weaknesses: Dictatorial, Inhibited, Conceited, Distrusting, Unimaginative

Source: zodiac-signs-astrology.

No comments:

Post a Comment